5.06.2009

Doesn't anyone care about finals around here?

It sure doesn't seem like it. My roommate and I feel like we're the only ones studying. There's too many people watching movies and playing frisbee around me on a daily basis that I feel as though I may be taking this studying for finals thing too seriously. But then I actually get to the exams, and realize I should have actually studied more. So whatever. If I'm the only one on campus concerned about my GPA so be it. I'm the one paying for this education. (Well, okay... and my parents. And the government. And Roberts, actually. But for Roberts to continue that I have to keep my GPA up, so that kind of goes back to square one...)

Anyway, I don't have much time today, obviously, since I have a final tomorrow and 2 on Friday, but I just read something that I thought was super awesome and share-worthy.

For my speech class I'm reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I don't care who you are or what your faith is, or even if you don't have faith. If you have eyes and a brain, read this book. It's freaking good. Logical, intelligent, and helps make sense of this faith I call my own. It's not even one of those crap "I will convert you into my religion" books. It's just one that makes sense. In the chapter I just read, called The Three-Personal God, Lewis writes:

If Christianity was something we were making up, of course we could make it easier. But it is not. We cannot compete, in simplicity, with people who are inventing religions. How could we? We are dealing with Fact. Of course anyone can be simple if he has no facts to bother about.

Whoa, Lewis. Whoa. I like your in-my-face-ness.
Off to study the history of music....

P.S. On an entirely unrelated note and one that completely contradicts the book I was just quoting... I'm really enjoying listening to The Audition, lately. Feel free to check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment